Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: US Thai Bangkaew Puppies
โดย Amanda Gibney - Sunday, 1 January 2006, 12:15PM
  It can be difficult to hear negative things about your dogs, especially if you are new to showing and breeding.  Hopefully you eventually learn to appreciate other peoples critques, good and bad. 
I can tell you all the faults my Siberians have, even my 10 time Best in Show dog has his faults.  I am not as familer with the Bangkaew so it's harder for me to critque them, especially on the finer breed type points, ear set, eye shape and set, etc.
The Breed Standard is your 'blueprint' for the perfect dog.  There are no perfect dogs, but it's our job as breeders to come as close as possible.  You should critque your dog following the points of the Breed Standard.
Only by knowing what faults your dogs have can you really improve your lines.  You don't want to breed 2 dogs that share the same fault.  You want to find a dog that is strong in the trait your dog is lacking.
Some examples using my Siberians, critques are based on the points of the Siberian Husky Breed Standard :

Siberian bitch (AKC and International Champion, Best in Show and Group Winner), I marked the stop and pasturn.  She is very nicely balenced, ideal front and rear angulation, correct topline and tailset,  her back is a little long, she should be shorter in the loin.  Correct leg legth, good feet, great pasturns, hocks could be a little shorter.  Good stop and muzzle length and width (not snipy), ears set a little wide, eyes also set a little wide, head on the plain side.  Very good coat.
Kennitt
Siberian Male (AKC and International Champion)  He has a slightly too short back and while balanced could have more angulation both front and rear, very correct leg length.  Very good feet and pasturns, hocks a little long.  Nice arched neck, very pretty head with good eyes and tight set ears. Little too much coat, note very long tail hair.
Cynic
Siberian Bitch (AKC and International Champion)  Too long in loin, balanced but far too much angulation front and rear, correct hock.  Very good neck, ears set too wide apart, good muzzle length, somewhat lacking in pigment. Very good coat.
Max

I want to make sure I keep the right dogs to improve my lines from each litter.  In my Siberians I want a 'prettier' head, so I look for stud dogs that can improve my bitches in that area.  I have very good moving dogs, so I might breed to a very pretty dog that doesn't move as well.  I would then keep the prettiest dog that moved the best out of the litter.
Of course you have to take the whole dog into consideration, temperament, confomation, breed type, genetic health are all factors.

Thanks for your comments so far and for putting my coments with the pictures.

Amanda

Click to enter http://www.bangkaew.com/elearning3

Bangkaew.net and Bangkaew.org are for sale
See details at https://sedo.com/search/?keyword=bangkaew