US Litter of Bangkaew 5 weeks old
โดย Amanda Gibney - Friday, 9 December 2005, 06:10AM
  The baby Bangkaew are now 5 weeks old.  Sharing some pictures of them playing with their Siberian Husky nanny 'Kennitt' (BIS AM/INT/NAT/CACH-G CH Kyrie V-Star Parallel Dreams).

Kennitt1

Amanda
Kyrie Siberians & Thai Bangkaew
Re: US Litter of Bangkaew 5 weeks old
โดย Amanda Gibney - Friday, 9 December 2005, 06:11AM
  Kennitt2
โดย Amanda Gibney - Friday, 9 December 2005, 06:13AM
  Kennitt3
โดย Amanda Gibney - Friday, 9 December 2005, 06:14AM
  Kennitt4
ตอบ: Re: US Litter of Bangkaew 5 weeks old
โดย Pingpong \(-_-)/ - Friday, 9 December 2005, 07:30AM

Siberian Nanny  seems to be a good mother in-charge.

Is it your intention to separate the young puppiest from his mother  to be  with the gentle nanny to make the young bangkaew more stable in temperament ?  I  heard something like that before , I wonder  will it  work ?

Dotcom was also bought to bangkok when he was 6 months old, and he adapted  himself  to play with  Bo and Pingpong quickly ,  but Bo seems to be suspicious and not willing to play with him.

http://www.bangkaew.com/elearning/file.php/1/moddata/forum/1/11426/DSC02583x.jpg

On the other hand, pingpong plays with dotcom very well. They play hit and hide, bite and run  in the morning and evening when dotcom is allowed to come out of his cage.

http://www.bangkaew.com/elearning/file.php/1/moddata/forum/1/11427/DSC02587x.jpg

http://www.bangkaew.com/elearning/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=1298

Bo seems to be jealous,  and this morning she attacked pingpong for the first time when pingpong is playing with dotcom.  Pingpong is getting fat and seems to be slower in fighting than before.  Dotcom was put in the cage and both Bo and Pingpong were separated.

It  may not be a good learning for dotcom.

Do you or anyone have any suggestion ?, thanks in advance.

Re: ตอบ: Re: US Litter of Bangkaew 5 weeks old
โดย Amanda Gibney - Friday, 9 December 2005, 08:00AM
  The puppies Mother, Cur-mim, barks a lot at people other than me and my husband in the house, she also HATES the vacum cleaner.  I didn't want the puppies learning bad behavior from her. 

At 4 weeks old they were weaned and I let Kennitt take over some Mommy duties.  Kennitt has been a great Mom to her own pups, nursed orphan pups along with her own litter she loves teaching all the Siberians good manners.  Kennitt is afraid of nothing and loves everyone, so she makes a good role model for them. 

I started the Bio-Sensor Method the day the puppies were born.  It's a program developed by the US military to bring out the best in a dog.  A good website with info is here:
www.breedingbetterdogs.com/achiever.html

They have been on a number of surfaces since they were born, easy rule is at least 7 surfaces and meeting 7 strangers before they are 7 weeks old.  They have a lot of toys of different types and materials hard, soft, squeaky, fake fur, metal, wood, bones.  I've tried exposing them to everything I can so they will be as outgoing as possible.  I flap their blanket at them, stomp my feet, open umbrellas, let them see me in coats and hats, flap big trashbags at them, left the vacum running outside their ex-pen, whatever I can think of. 

So far all of them are very bold and outgoing, extemely playful.  I'm hoping they will have fewer aggesion issues and get along better with other dogs. 

Sounds like Bo is jealous of the Dotcom.  It may take a while for her get used to having another dog around.  And some dogs just don't like puppies.  You may want to let Pingpong and Dotcom play together without Bo then let Pingpong and Bo out by themselves.  Good luck!

Amanda
Kyrie Siberians & Thai Bangkaew Dogs

ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: US Litter of Bangkaew 5 weeks old
โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Saturday, 10 December 2005, 01:56PM

Thank you very much.

I have read the article,  it is very interesting.

I just wonder  if once the superdogs have been trained since their childhood, is it still necessary  to separate their kids from them and find nanny to look after  their kids again.   Or, by themselves, they will imprint good temperament  into their kids.

It is exciting to see you develop  a new  breed of Super Thai Bangkaew Dog.

By the way , Dotcom is very short in concentration, how can I make him stand still  and jog beautifully enough to  be able to join the Dog Show.  Any documents ?

Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: US Litter of Bangkaew 5 weeks old
โดย Amanda Gibney - Saturday, 10 December 2005, 09:08PM
  I have used the Bio-Sensor/Super Dog method with every litter of Siberians I've had.  I believe it's helped them fully realize their potential, and it does seem to be helping the Bangkaew puppies too. 

If the Bangkaew Moms are stable, even tempered dogs I would let them raise their kids (though all my puppies have the week that the Moms are drying up after weaning with a nanny, it's good for them to meet other friendly dogs at a young age).  We'll have to see how this litter develops, I'll be sure and keep you informed and updated on all the techniques I use.

There aren't a lot of good sites with Conformation showing information, here's one with some information:
www.barkbytes.com/training/conformation.htm

I use a lot of treats (something soft that they can nibble on) when I'm training, lots of positive reinforcement.  Especially when they are young I make it as fun as I can for them.  I don't expect perfection in one of my puppies in the ring, but I do want them to have a great time.  My Siberian pups usually kiss the judge during the exam, bounce a little gaiting around the ring, winning or losing with a puppy doesn't matter to me, if they have a miserable time at their first shows they can end up hating showing. 

I take my youngsters to training classes. I'm not sure if you have any Conformation classes in Thailand but they are very useful to get the puppies used to being around other dogs and other breeds of dogs.  An instuctor will run the class like a show, examining the dogs, gaiting them,  getting them used to  gaiting in front of and behind other dogs.  It's always good to have different people play judge so the pups get used to being examined by men and women.  Props are also good, 'judges' in hats, etc., you never know what you will happen in the ring.

I also try and take a puppy along to shows when they are too young to enter (AKC shows a puppy has to be 6 months old).  Let them get used to the hustle and bustle of a dog show before they are asked to preform in one.

If I come across any other information I'll let you know.
Good Luck

Amanda
Kyrie Siberians & Thai Bangkaew

ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: ตอบ: Re: US Litter of Bangkaew 5 weeks old
โดย ไตรสิทธิ์ . - Tuesday, 13 December 2005, 04:58AM

It seems a little too late for Dotcom.  He is afraid of vacuum cleaner too.

I have his 3rd vaccine injected  yesterday  and  try to take him out for a walk in the evening.  He looked  excited with the sound of cars and autobikes.  But he socialized himself with other dogs and people very well.

I will try to take him to visit a dog show at Rosegarden next week.  To acquiant him with the ring and to see how people handle  their show dogs.

By the way, Bo is still jealous of Dotcom, even when leaving him alone with Dotcom, he won't play  but will steal the ball from Dotcom and running back to her cage.  And it will difficult to take the ball out of her territory now even for me.

http://topicstock.pantip.com/jatujak/topicstock/J3045984/J3045984-11.jpg

I think the problem may come the fact that Bo is uncertain about her position in the Pack, I have tried to make Bo alpha female,  but Pingpong won't accept that ( see  http://www.bangkaew.org/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2 ) and when Dotcom came running around with pingpong, she may feel that her position is even more unsure. 

Do you have any problems like this with many dogs around ?

Click to enter http://www.bangkaew.com/elearning3

Bangkaew.net and Bangkaew.org are for sale
See details at https://sedo.com/search/?keyword=bangkaew